Saturday, January 27, 2007

Issues

  • I believe in open government where citizens have access to information and can ask questions and receive answers.
  • As a Goffstown resident, you are my customer. I will treat you will respect regardless of whether we agree or disagree on an issue.
  • We need to manage local spending and prioritize our capital expenses. We must embrace change and strive to be more efficient in how we run government. We can leverage resources between the Town and School District.
  • We can increase town revenues by aggressively pursuing more State and Federal Grants. (Lynchville/Danis Park Water and Sewer)
  • I value all of our town departments. The health, safety and quality of life of all citizens are extremely important.
  • I support a responsible plan to ensure 24x7 Fire and EMS Service. This includes an increase in staffing and short term planning on facilities improvements and apparatus.
  • I believe we need to balance the needs of both economic development and conservation to retain our town’s character, yet help stabilize our tax rate. I support Preserving Open Space.

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Blogger TL said...

Scott, I love your support of 24x7 Fire and EMS Service! What's your thoughts on our new 'circle' and talk of more circles in our town's future?

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Scott said...

24x7 Fire and EMS is a critical issue in our town of 18,000. I hope voters support this year’s warrant article. In regards to the roundabouts, we really need to solve the problems of three critical intersections in town: Mast Rd and Wallace Rd, High St/Elm/Main St, and the area near the Exxon station. I’m not confident that proposed roundabouts will solve the problems at two of the intersections. We should explore traffic light options and then hold well -publicized public hearings to obtain comments from the community. I’m not a traffic engineer, so I need to educate myself better about the pros and cons of the different options available.

 
At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you clearly have a lot of experience and through that you must well understand how our town operates and what its needs are. What longer term priorities (5 to 10 years) would you specifically like the Board of Selectmen to work on? What do you see are Goffstowns weaknesses?

MF

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home